“This day I call heaven and earth as witness against you that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curses. NOW choose life, so that you and your children may live”
Did you know that God has a wonderful plan for you? “I have come,” Jesus says, “That [you] may have life, and have it to the full”, John 10:10. Here’s what God’s Word, says about this Good News.
- God’s Plan – Abundance life and peace
God loves you and wants you to fully experience the abundance life and peace that only He can give. The Bible says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only son [Jesus Christ], that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal Life”, John 3:16.
- Humanity’s problem – Separation
Being at peace with God is not automatic, because human beings by nature are separated from God. The Bible says, “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”, Romans 3:23. Romans 6:23 adds, “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Humanity has tried to bridge this separation in many ways…but without hope of ever succeeding.
- God’s remedy – The Cross
God’s love bridges the gap of separation between God and humanity. When Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the grave, He paid the penalty for our sins. In the Bible, Jesus Christ says, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”, John 14:6.
- Our response – Receive Jesus Christ
God invites us to respond to His love by crossing the bridge through trusting Jesus Christ. This means accepting Christ’s death on the cross as payment for our personal sins and receiving Him as our Savior and Lord. The Bible says, “To all who received Him [Jesus Christ], to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God”, John 1:12.
God Invites You To:
Repent (turn away from your sins), by faith receive Jesus Christ into your heart and life, and follow Him in obedience as the Lord of your life.
Will you say ‘yes’ to life? Then pray the following:
O God, I know I am a sinner. Right now I repent and turn away from my sins. I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins, rose from the grave, and is alive forever. I open the door of my heart and life, receiving Jesus Christ as my Savior. I want to follow Jesus as I make Him Lord of my life. Thank You for saving me, In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Valuable tips for your personal devotional reading and study of the Bible:
- Get a Bible that has bold prints, which is easy to read and understand.
I personally use more than one Bible version in my study. This method enables me to compare words without going into the dictionary. (The King James Version, The Living Bible and the Amplified Bible, are my favorite versions).
- Begin with prayer. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you an understanding of God’s Word as you read and study.
- Keep a personal Bible study notebook.
- Read the text slowly and carefully; then re-read and take notes of what the Holy Spirit impressed upon your heart.
- Find out the true meaning of the text. Ask yourself questions and ask The Holy Spirit to guide you through and give you understanding:
- Who or what is the main subject?
- Of who or what is the writer speaking about?
- What is the key verse or revelation?
- What does the passage teach you about Jesus Christ?
- Does it bring to light personal sin that needs to be confessed and forsaken?
- Does it contain a command for you to obey?
- Does it give a promise you can claim by faith?
- Write down practical applications, commands and promises.
- Memorize the scripture – particularly key verses.
- Obey the commands and follow the instructions you learn in God’s word.